Uno Attack Rules : Card games altogether are gaining a lot of popularity these days, and people consider card games a really good and fun way to spend some time with their families. When thinking of card games, the first name that comes to anyone’s mind is UNO. UNO succeeded in winning the hearts of its users because of, it’s innovative and colourful cards that are suitable for people of age groups. The game is also fairly easy to play, and even a young kid can understand its rules in the first go.
Card games have always been there in our society, but Uno has taken the game to a whole new level. And the best thing about UNO is that it strives to be better and now UNO has released many variants of the original UNO play cards. To keep its customers satisfied and to attract new customers it was necessary for UNO to release some new variants. One of the new variants is UNO Attack & we also having a uno attack rules pdf.
UNO Attack is an adapted version of the UNO originals, and it involves an electronic card shooter. This electronic card shooter makes the game even more intriguing and engaging. One has to press the button on this shooter, and then the shooter can shoot up to 12 cards at once. The button you have to press is called the ‘launch button.’
Read : Uno Angry birds Rules
- 1 Uno Attack Rules:
- 1.1 Action/Symbol cards in UNO Attack
- 1.2 Action cards in the older version of UNO Attack –
- 1.3 Trade Hands –
- 1.4 Wild All Hit –
- 1.5 Wild Hit Fire –
- 1.6 Gameplay for UNO Attack –
- 1.7 Winning the game
- 1.8 Rules for a game of two players
- 1.9 Alternative Gameplay –
- 1.10 Share this:
- 1.11 Related
Uno Attack Rules:
Uno Attack is popular by the name ‘Uno extreme’ in Canada and the UK. Well, the game is quite extreme, so the name suits it well. The unpredictability of this game combined with the gameplay of UNO originals makes it a favourite amongst many players. Another variant of UNO, UNO Blast is also pretty similar to this game in case you want to check it out. Including a shooter/blaster makes the game even more engaging.
If you buy attack rules magic, you’ll get a set of cards consisting of 112 cards and an electronic card shooter.
Also, this shooter has been updated by Mattel to a new sleeker version, and the number of cards and their types has been updated, too. Let’s check out the differences between the old and the new shooter!
Read : Uno Mod rules
The old shooter of UNO featured a shelf on top of the shooter where the players could place, their discard pile but the newly updated shooter does not feature any such shelf for that matter. And not just that, the cover of the new launcher is comparatively hard to open. It’s not like you can’t open it, you can, but it will require some efforts. You’ll have to yank it open every time to open it so be careful or else you might end up breaking it!
And a big noticeable difference between the two shooters is the number of cards both shoot out. The new shooter shoots more cards than the old one which can result in a really long game, but if you want to play the game for a prolonged time then go for it!
Finally, a difference in favour of the new shooter – the new shooter has a better and powerful mechanism and is also more attractive and sleek. The shooter will emit a sound every time you press the launch button. So cool, right?
The common thing between these two shooters is their 3 ‘C’ sized batteries.
Action/Symbol cards in UNO Attack
- Discard All – This card is a really powerful one and if you choose to play it, you can get rid of all the cards of the same colour as this card. If you want you can use two discards all cards at once and play them after each other. In case the first card of the game turns out to be a discard all cards then the first player can begin the game with the card of the same colour or by playing another discard all card if he has one.
- Reverse – By playing this card you can reverse the flow of the game, i.e. change it from clockwise to anti-clockwise and vice versa.
- Skip – This is a pretty powerful card as this will make your opponent i.e. the next player skip his turn. This card is capable of changing the whole game when played at the right time and situation. If the first card is a skip card, then the first player will have to skip his chance and the second player will play the first card in the game.
- Wild – Wildcard allows you to play any card of any colour and number along with it. But remember, only the first card you discard with the wild card can be chosen by you, and the rest of the cards will have to match up with the first card you chose to discard.
Read : Uno pictionary rules
- Hit 2 – This is an interesting card. If you play this card, the next player will have to press the launch button twice and pick up all the cards the shooter shoots out. Also, if the cards come out, the player cannot discard any cards at that particular turn and, his chance will be skipped.
- Wild Attack-Attack – With the help of this card you can attack any opponent or player you want as well as any colour you want. Just turn the launcher towards the opponent you want to attack and press the launch button twice. The opponent will then have to pick up all the cards the shooter shot out. Also, his turn will be skipped and, the next player will have to play a card. This card can help you slow down your opponent’s game.
Action cards in the older version of UNO Attack –
The older version of UNO Attack features more action cards then the newer version. It has eight different symbol cards, to be exact. The new UNO Attack got rid of most of these cards except the Wild Attack-Attack card. Let’s talk about the unique cards the old UNO attack rules in risk offers its users –
Trade Hands –
This is a very unique and powerful card. If you choose to play this card, you get to exchange all your cards with your opponent’s cards. This can be really beneficial for you if your opponent has fewer cards than you and so you’ll be able to discard your cards quicker than your opponent. However, you are not allowed to go out of the round with this card.
Wild All Hit –
If you play this card, everyone playing the game will have to press the launch button on the electronic shooter once, except you, the one who plays the card. And all the cards shot out by the shooter are to be collected by one ‘lucky’ player. If the first card of the game is a Wild all hit card, then everyone including the first player will have to press the launch button and pick up the cards. This card can also be used as a Wild card, and one can play any card with any number or colour along with it. It’s a really interesting card.
Read : Uno Skip bo rules
Wild Hit Fire –
This card can turn out to be really helpful if you want to slow down the next player; it’s something that’s guaranteed because if you play this card, the next player will have to keep pressing the launch button over and over again until the shooter decides to shoot out some cards.
Also, the next player cannot play or discard any cards for that particular turn. The then next player will have to play the next card. If the first card turns out to be a Wild Hit Fire card, the first player will have to press the launch button till the shooter spits some cards out. Since this card is also a wild card, you can choose to play or discard any card with any colour or number along with it.
Gameplay for UNO Attack –
If you’re more than two people and want to play this thrilling game, don’t worry as 2-10 players can play this game at a time. Although the actions cards are different for the old and new version of attack board game online, the gameplay remains the same. uno Attack Rules
The first thing you have to do is to choose the dealer. The dealer is chosen by all the members of the game and is usually chosen by making all the players pick a card, and the one with the highest number is chosen as the dealer. uno Attack Rules
The dealer then has to shuffle all the cards that come along with the game set. After that, the dealer is supposed to distribute seven cards each amongst all the players. The remaining number of cards should be placed in the shooter except for one card which will be used as the first for the discard pile.
After placing the cards in the shooter, close the cover and put the discard card on top of it in the provided space (only for older version).
Read : Uno frozen rules
The first player has to play his cards then; the card should match the card on top of the discard pile either by number, colour or by symbol. If you want to change the colour and play any card you want, you’ll have to have a wild card. If the player has no matching card to play on his turn, he has to press the launch button on the shooter. If the launcher doesn’t shoot any cards, the player can skip his turn, and the next player will get the chance, but if the launcher shoots out cards, the player will have to collect them all.
You also have to collect the cards stuck halfway in the shooter.
Winning the game
If you want to win the game, you’ll have first to get rid of all your cards. And while playing your last card, you have to shout ‘UNO’ out loud in front of all other players. If an opponent of yours catches you with your last card and not saying ‘UNO,’ you’ll have to press the launch button twice and collect the cards. To play it safe, always try to keep your cards hidden from your opponents.
If you play your last card without saying ‘UNO,’ other players can make you press the launch button again so beware of that.
There’s another to decide the winner as well. In the other method, you get points for all the cards remaining in the hands of your opponent and whoever scores 500 points first before all other players are announced as the winner of the game. There are different score values for all the cards. They are as follows –
All numbered cards – Face value (value on the card)
Reverse/Hit two /Skip cards – 20 points for each card
Discard all/Trade hands cards – 30 points for each card
Wild/Wild All Hit/Wild Hit Fire – 50 points for each card
Rules for a game of two players
If there are just two players in the game, the rules of the game will have a slight bit of change in them. The rules for a game between 2 players are as follows –
- Here, the reverse card will function as the skip card since you can’t change the flow of the game with just two players playing the game. So, just like the skip card, if you play the reverse card, the other person will have to skip his turn as the flow would’ve changed and you will get two turns. Attack Rules
- If you decide to play a Hit 2 card, your opponent shall press the launch button twice and then it will be your turn since there are no other members.
Read : Phase 10 rules
Alternative Gameplay –
As mentioned earlier, there’s an alternative gameplay where the player scoring 500 points is chosen as the winner. But if you want, you can change that number to any number, but all the players should agree upon it. uno Attack Rules
Over to You:
Uno Attack is a really fun and thrilling game to play with your friends and family and a game that is sure to bring you all closer. Have fun playing the game with proper rules and guidelines, and of course, win genuinely!! uno Attack Rules