Uno Moo : Some of you might have heard about Uno and how it is played. It is an American Card game which can be played with an individually printed deck. It was developed in 1971. What you have to do is, score 500 points and the player who does it first wins. The first who completes wins. Points are scored by discarding the cards. You get points according to the cards you are discarding. Total 108 cards are there out of which 25 are green, red, yellow and blue each. Deck also contains four each of “Wild” and “Wild Draw Four” cards.
Uno comes for many platforms. You can purchase cards, or you can play on your gaming consoles or smartphones. It is very popular, and you can find it nearly on every platform. There are many methods to play it, and there are many places where you can play it. There are some rules that you need to know to play Uno. There are some minute differences between different variants. Some have extra cards that are used for specific purposes. You can visit Uno official website, or you can refer to the rules that you will get with Uno Deck.
These rules are easy to understand but what about children aged 3 to 6 years old. They are not able to follow the rules. So what if the children of this age group want to play Uno. It’s kind of funny, but they can play. For them, a pre-schooler version of Uno is available. Uno has done a great job in doing so. This version is specially designed for children aged 3 to 6 years old. Younger children are not able to understand the rules of standard Uno i.e. original Uno.
Uno Moo rules:
This Uno version is specially designed so that Younger children can enjoy Uno too. Younger children’s brain is not grown enough to understand the rules, and some don’t even know about characters so how can they understand rules. What they can understand are some shapes and basic illustrations. The same thing is used in Uno Moo.
Rules for Uno Moo simplifies everything for younger children. Physically and appearance wise, this Uno version is somewhat different from others. In this variant, you won’t get any card. This is because younger children can’t hold cards as their hands are small to carry cards and they can’t keep track on them. This Uno version uses small, plastic animal figures shaped like barn animals. They have stickers over the face to indicate what animal are they. In every Uno, you have to match the cards either by colour or by number basically. In this version also, you round them by matching the colour of the animal.
Read More : Uno Mod rules
This is very easy for younger children. Colour matching is a very simple and children aged 3 to 6 years old can easily do this. For this, they don’t even need to remember the name of colour because in the game, only colour matching is required and it can be done by looking two same or colours.
Now there are some special figures in Uno Moo. These special figures have their specific benefits and features that are different from others. Let’s take and look and see them.
Special Figures in Uno Moo:
As you might have heard it before, skunk word is used for a creature that emits a noxious smell as a defensive measure. But in this game, these act differently. Skunks basically act as Skips. There are certain rules and conditions under which you can use this figure. It can only be used or played when the skunk matches in colour or if there is another skunk on the Barn Door. There are some terms that you need to know to play Uno Moo. So as of now, we have discussed when we can use Skunks Now what happens if you play Skunk? When you play a skunk, the next player who has its chance after you, will have to skip his/her turn.
In Uno Moo, Farmers act as Wilds. One very good feature of Farmers is that they can be played anytime when you have your turn. This is because they can match any figure on the Barn Door. You have to do one more thing while playing farmer and it is colour choosing. You have to choose the colour to continue playing. Also, there is one more thing. When you start the game and if there is a farmer placed on the barn door, then the first player can choose any colour to start the game. It completely depends on the first player.
You may also Like : Uno pictionary rules
Now let’s discuss how to play Uno Moo.
How to play Uno Moo?
Playing is very easy. Just open the Barn, and you can play it. There are also different versions of Uno Moo. The latest version consists of 24 figures and a Barn. The barn is basically a box that contains all the figures within. So you get 24 cards in a barn. The previous version had 28 figures, and also you will get “haystacks” for each player. Players can hide their animal figures in “haystacks”.
So to start play, follow the given instructions:
- First of all, collects and put all the figures in the Barn and then mix them up. It is like shuffling. Then, each player puts their hand into the barn and without looking inside, just take any random five figures.
- Then any one player took any random figure from the barn and placed on the Bran door. Now here comes the move of the youngest player. He/she will compare that animal with the ones that he/she have. He compares them basically for matches. Matching is done either by colour or animal type.
- Let’s take an example. Let’s suppose the animal on the barn door is red sheep. So the first player should have a sheep to replace it, or he should have a red colour figure in the animals that he/she have.
- If there is a match, then push the figure on Barn Door into the Barn, and then you are going to replace it with your figure.
- Now, if the first player doesn’t have the figure that he/she can play to replace, he will draw an animal out of the barn. It is a random move. If the figure that he/she has drawn is still can’t be played, then play moves onto the next player.
- Remember that you have Skunk and Farmers. Skunk act as skips and the white colour farmer act as wilds.
- The game continues in the clockwise direction, or we can say clockwise manner. The process the continues is simple, and it is, knocking down the animal on the barn door and replacing it with the same animal or colour that they have got in their hands.
- The game will continue until any player will play all the animals in their hand and they all are inside the Barn. A player who does it first wins. It is somewhat same as scoring 500 points first in Uno original to win.
- If there is a player who has one sole remaining animal behind his/her haystack, then he must shout “Uno Moo!” aloud.
- Be careful and active as if any other player catches any player who has one animal before saying the phrase, then the other player can add two or more animals from the barn to their hands as a penalty.
The Rewards from Uno Moo
Moreover, it is just a game, but it lets children learn some amazing things that will definitely help them in future. It is a fun game, and like any others, it teaches. It teaches gamesmanship and sportsmanship. It also helps children to concentrate as it is very difficult for younger children to sit in one place and do one thing. The short duration of this game really helps in doing so. It also develops observation and grasping power in children. It also develops IQ and their response time. These are things that are must in life. It also helps to develop memory and increase their ability to remember things for more time.
Children find the gameplay of Uno Moo quite amazing. They really enjoy knocking the animals of the other players. Physically, Uno Mod is very interactive and every time children have something to do with it. All animals can easily fit into the barn so that children can easily take them anywhere they want. They can play some other games with it too. Older siblings can enjoy it too as it is a pretty good game. I would say, that whole family can enjoy this game and make memories with it.
Over to you:
Uno Moo is a pretty amazing game for children aged 3-5 years old. This version is specifically designed for this age group children. Elders can play it too but gameplay wise it is very easy so that children can understand it with ease. So purchase it and let your children know some amazing things that will benefit them in the life.